Dear visitor, thanks for stopping by! If you want, you can follow all updates on
via RSS. You can also follow me on Twitter
. More interesting posts from other
Microsoft Regional Directors can be found at
Lots of attendees for my advanced MVVM talks at Belgium and the Netherlands. As promised, here are the demos and slides for the talks. Enjoy!
Since Windows 8 has been released on MSDN, many have run into problems on how to use the Enterprise version and get it to activate. As you may have noticed, during setup, you can’t enter your own key. So, how to get things to work. Follow the next simple steps and enjoy the fun of Windows 8 in full :)
- Download Windows 8 Enterprise from MSDN. Copy your key.
- Run the install of Windows 8. See, never during the install does it ask you for your key. Sad panda?
- With Windows installed (read: 5 minutes later :) ), you’ll get an error if you try to activate.
- Open an elevated prompt. To do so, go to the Start screen, search for the command prompt, right-click/top-down-swipe-to-select it and from the app bar, tap to run as administrator.
- In the prompt, enter slmgr -ipk xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx (replacing all the X’s with your key obviously).
- Activation will now work without a problem (in my case, it had activated automatically).
Now start customizing that start screen!
Today I think I broke a record: the most popular SilverlightShow webinar, judging from the number of registrations and attendees. Thanks all for joining!
Here are the slides and demos for part 1:
Slides - Demos
Hope to see you for part 2 on February 9th!